Thursday, September 17, 2009

iPhone Twitter trend words unveils NY plane crash

One of the most interesting things about Twitter is the way civilians Twitters the breaking news. When I am Twittering around on my iPhone and catching the latest 'tweets' from for instance Guy Kawasaki, I often check the Trends option in my Tweetie app. The Trends option provides a list of the most used words in the Tweet-o-sphere at that particular moment. For example the following list appeared some hours ago (see pic).




















How does these words correlates one another? USAirways #Flight1549 New York Hudson River. So I tapped on one of the words and in seconds I was fully informed by the news about a plane crash in the Hudson river of an airbus flying from NYC to Charlotte. An US Airways plane. Really in a split second. -Luckily the crash did NOT cost lifes, everyone on board are pretty ok conforming the latest information- I switched on the TV and yes, CNN is live reporting it. And I went back to my Twitter app to join reading tweets. Maybe hoping to see eye withnesses reporting via twitter. While watching CNN on TV, meanwhile Tweets were posted with links to pictures, live streams, rumors, reporting (hoax) eye witnesses about the plane crash. And you can reply on the tweets of course. Twitter can create adhoc forums or a huge Instant Messaging session with one subject: the plane crash with flight 1549. In other words: People get connected instantly on Twitter without having plannned a plane crash. It is incredible powerful tool to check the oppinion and reports from individual people.

***Looking for an scratch proof iPhone 3G case? Go get an
invisibleSHIELD for the iPhone, the strongest protection for your iPhone backed by a 30 day moneyback guarantee, lifetime replacement warranty, and FREE shipping!**
*** Twitter user? If you like this post please promote us and
Post a Twitter and I thank you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment